Oregon State Police Troopers may impound a vehicle for:

1. Driving under the influence of intoxicants

2. Driving while suspended or revoked

3. No operator's license or in violation of a license restriction

4. Driving uninsured

Towing Companies

Bob's  541-757-7042

B&R   541-757-0458

A-1 Charlie's   541-752-4111

In order to obtain a release for your vehicle from impoundment you must:

1. Go to the Oregon State Police Office. On campus, this is at the Department of Public Safety at 200 Cascade Hall.

2. Provide the following information:

a. proof that a person with valid driving privileges will be operating the vehicle (unless the vehicle was impounded for driving uninsured)

b. proof of insurance

c. picture identification

3. If you are not the legally registered owner of the vehicle, you must show one of the following:

a. a signed-off title 

b. a NOTARIZED bill of sale 

c. a bill of sale on a car business letterhead.

4. A processing fee of $40 will be charged. This must be in the form of a certified check or money order payable to "Oregon State Police." No cash or personal checks will be accepted.